Thursday, December 29, 2011

2 inches toooo short

Date: First Date
Who: my friends, boyfriends friend…a full time salesman and part time MBA’er
Where: Club 185…drinks & apps
What I wore: Jeggings, green & cream tunic, short booties and gold accessories
What he wore: button down and bad jeans (uggg!)

When I arrived he was sitting at the bar. First impression was good…attractive, muscular and a good smile. Then he stood up.... His jeans were 2 inches too short! How can he not know his jeans are too short?! Does he not read GQ?

We moved our conversation from the bar to a booth to chat and get to know each other. The conversation was good, but he lacked the humor I look for in a guy.  We talked jobs, family, friends and the inevitable…“past relationships.” During all of this I was able to forget about the short jeans and take the time to get to know him (short jeans can be remedied in time).
After a few kettle & sodas the conversation easily flowed and time flew by.  It was time to call it a night so we asked for the check (which we split) and walked to our cars.

A quick hug and a “it was fun, let’s do it again” and I was on my way home.  The glittery part of the date was his smile.  It was very inviting and made me feel immediately comfortable.
Overall I would say it was a good (not great) 1st date. Will there be a 2nd date? If he asks, I’ll say yes. But he better pick up the check this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment