Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years...the hype, the let down!...and heat!

I had TWO glittery moments today: Figuring out my New Year's outfit & Getting my furnace fixed (kind of fixed)!

New Years- Every year I hype up New Year’s...I go all out...make big plans, find the perfect outfit, find my New Year’s kiss....only to be let down. Well this year is not going to be a replay of the years past. This year I’m not planning anything but my outfit (of course!) I hope the party I go to will be fun and I will find my New Year’s kiss, but let’s just say the night is going to go on as if it were any Saturday night. If I have a mediocre time it will have exceeded my expectations and I will be happy to ring in the New Year’s with a smile! The glittery part of my day today was figuring out my outfit! It’s not my “normal OTT (over the top) New Years outfit,” but then again I’m not planning for it to be a “normal” New Year's!

My Dress: Forever 21- $24.80
Gold Belt: my closet



Shoes & Tights: my closet

Accessories: THE MOST IMPORTANT part of every outfit!
Purse: birthday gift from Gap
Watch & Ring- my jewelry armoire
New Bracelet: Forever 21- $6.80
New Earring: Forever 21- $4.80

I have confidence that with the right outfit, a few cocktails and great friends.... my New Year's will be a hit! Pics of the full ensemble and a recap of the night to come!

My Furnace- I have been without heat now for 2 days. This isn’t something I would typically complain about, but the temperature outside has continued to drop and so has the temperature in my apartment. I woke up this morning to the thermostat flashing 54 degrees.....I checked the outside temperate and it was 30 degrees. I'm sure you can image how I felt. The only thing that has saved me the past few days is my handy dandy mini electric heater.

The furnace man came around 2:00. He did a thorough inspection and the final conclusion was- a new furnace...bad news is my landlord is on vacation for another 4 days. Uggg! What am I supposed to do?! The nice technician taught me a quick trick for when it stops working and it's now up and running. Until it stops again. But with my little HVAC lesson, I think I'll be able to manage until I get a new furnace. Thank GOD for heat. How do people survive without it? I feel lucky to have heat...and that is a glittery part my day. HEAT!

1 comment:

  1. Did you rock the party with your outfit? :D I also love New Year parties. We actually have a few things in common: I’ve also had the same furnace problem when my landlord was away, haha. Cool! But having no furnace wasn’t. You’re even luckier to have a mini electric heater. But the good thing was my landlord had been accountable to have the problem fixed immediately when he came back. :D I hope you had the same fate.

    - Jamaal Milner

    ReplyDelete